The Department of Geo-Information Processing (GIP) is a vibrant and multi-disciplinary team that develops methods and techniques to produce actionable geo-information. Our work supports knowledge generation and decision-making for societal problems characterized by changes in space and time.
You will mainly teach Masters level coursework, supervise MSc theses, and contribute to the development of new courses including face-to-face, blended learning, and distance learning, preferably based on open source solutions. You will undertake educational management and administration tasks within the department. You will acquire and/or participate in educational and capacity building projects.
- You possess an MSc or PhD in geographic information science or a topic related to one of the three core GIP domains.
- You have proven expertise in at least one of the following three core domains of the GIP department: geodata engineering (e.g. linked data, NoSQL, and distributed processing environments), geo-visualization (e.g. interactive dashboards, web mapping, 3D, and augmented or virtual reality), and spatiotemporal analytics (e.g. online and deep learning or other scalable approaches to build data-driven models using artificial intelligence and/or machine learning).
- You have a proven track record of working with different geo-computational tools and have sufficient knowledge of Python to teach programming skills. Knowledge of other programming/scripting languages and/or of cloud computing is an advantage.
- You are a team player able to combine and extend the current knowledge and know-how on the three core departmental domains.
- You have an aptitude for teaching, including lecturing and tutoring at an academic level. If you do not have it yet, you will have to acquire a University Teaching Qualification within the first two years.
- You have an affinity with a multi-cultural, post-graduate education environment.
- You have a willingness to undertake international travel to less developed countries.
- You will have an excellent command of English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Additional information regarding the position can be obtained from Prof. Dr. M.J. Kraak (e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +31 53 4874463).
Please submit your application before 1 April 2019 (choose “apply now” below). Your application has to include (i) a motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the selection criteria and also outlining your research and teaching interests, (ii) a detailed CV with references and (iii) a two-page statement on your vision on research, education and capacity development in relation to ITC, and the position. Applications that do not include all three will not be considered.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be initially employed for two years. Extension of the employment after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 2709,- and € 4978,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Lecturer level 3 or 4).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
For Details please visit University Website.