- This event has passed.
IFIP Conference on Information Technology in Disaster Risk Reduction
10/09/2019 - 10/10/2019
The IFIP Domain Committee on Information Technology in Disaster Risk Reduction (DCITDRR) has announced its 4th IFIP Conference on Information Technology in Disaster Risk Reduction (ITDRR – 2019), which will be held on October 9 – 10th, 2019 in Kyiv, Ukraine.
ITDRR-2019 is a sponsored event by the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP). IFIP is a leading professional & socially responsible ICT worldwide.
The effects of disasters are very serious and the destruction caused may take a very long time to recover. Related damage is severe and it may cause relief expenses of billions of euros. With the increase of natural disasters that have occurred in the past years, it is expected their frequency will continue to increase in the coming years.
Due to disaster risk reductions multidisciplinary nature, people from various backgrounds, such as industry, diverse geographical and global settings, not-for-profit organization backgrounds, agriculture, marine life, welfare, risk management, safety engineering and social networking services will be included.
At present, at global and national levels, a wide range of multiple scientific and scientific-applied research activity in the area of disaster risk reduction concerning individual types of disasters is conducted. Modern information and communication technologies can facilitate significantly the decision-making processes from the point of view of disaster risk reduction.
ITDRR-2019 provides an international forum for researchers and practitioners to present their latest R&D findings and innovations. The conference is especially focused on the various IT aspects and challenges of copying with disaster risk reduction. ITDDR-2019 invites experts, researchers, academicians and all other who are interested to disseminate their work. The conference establishes an academic environment that fosters the dialogue and exchange of ideas between different levels of academic, research, business and public communities.
Call for Papers
ITDRR-2019 will provide an open forum for the dissemination of the current research progress, innovative approaches and original research results on application of Information Technology in Disaster Risk Reduction. The conference will focus on, but will be not limited to the following topics:
- Advanced ICT and disasters
- Artificial Intelligence and natural disasters
- Big Data and disasters
- Climate change and disaster risk
- Climate information management
- Climate information processing
- Cloud Computing in emergency management
- Communications in disasters
- Crowdsourcing and emergency management
- Disaster information processing
- Disaster prevention and mitigation
- Disaster relief, resilience and research
- Disaster risk management capability assessment
- Emergency preparedness
- Hazard, vulnerability and risk mapping
- ICT challenges in emergency management
- Integrated risk governance
- IoT and natural disasters
- Mobile computing and emergency management
- Disaster monitoring
- Disaster response management
- Disaster information management in response, recovery, preparedness, and mitigation
- Disaster risk assessment
- Disaster risk management
- Disaster risk reduction
- Disasters and security
- Hazard and vulnerability analysis
- Security and privacy issues in disaster management
- Simulation and gaming for disaster management
- Social media and disasters
- Socio-economic impacts of disasters
- State of the art of command and control room
|Paper Submission Deadline||June 10th, 2019|
|Notification of acceptance||July 15th, 2019|
|Registration||September 20th, 2019|
|ITDRR-2019||October 9 – 10th, 2019|
|Camera-Ready version||December 20th, 2019|
Visit Conference Website.