Plan International is one of the oldest and largest international development agencies in the world. In the Philippines, Plan works with children and their families in the poor communities with programs covering youth economic empowerment, nutrition, disaster risk management, and child protection. For this purpose, Plan International invites highly competent, experienced and committed professionals to fill the following position:
EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
- Provide communications leadership to Plan International Philippines in the area of disaster management
- Develop and provide key external communications materials to strategically position Plan International and engage target audiences before, during and after humanitarian emergencies.
- Ensure awareness, understanding, and appreciation of Plan International staff on disaster preparedness, community resilience to mitigate the impact of climate change and disasters on the vulnerable and marginalized groups including children.
- Facilitate child-friendly training on message development, videography, photography, multimedia and storytelling techniques to children and young people affected by humanitarian emergencies
- Support children in raising their voices through Youth Reporter project to help children and young people affected by humanitarian emergencies gain back their confidence and to develop their skills on media. The output produced by the children must be circulated to different platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, development communication, journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A related master’s degree will be an advantage.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience working as a professional communicator; an experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children and families preferred
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong background in media relations
- Experience in producing and editing quality still photographs
- Strong commitment to raising the profile of issues affecting children and their families
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the Philippines. Local applicants are preferred.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.