International Organization for Migration (IOM) is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. IOM Offices and vehicles have smoke-free work environment. IOM is looking for a Distribution Focal Point (Shelter/NFI) according to the Terms of Reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by 10.09.2018 at the latest, referring to the vacancy notice ref. code on the e-mail subject header.
Under the direct supervision of the Shelter/NFI Programme Officer and overall supervision of the Emergency Coordinator in Cox’s Bazar, the incumbent will assist the concern programme unit for field implementation of the programme; the incumbent will assist the concerned programme unit with the following:
1. Under the supervision of the Programme Officer, support in operational aspects of Shelter/NFI field activities implementation with a focus on distribution and post distribution monitoring.
2. Support the Programme Officer to conduct needs/gap assessments, distribute tokens for identified beneficiaries based on the assessment, notify beneficiaries in advance to the distribution, set up distribution points, and coordinate crowd control, security measures.
3. Collect and maintain needs assessment data, distribution muster roll, volunteer attendance sheet and other relevant field information.
4. Assist the Programme Officer in monitoring the work of field staff assigned to distribution and post distribution monitoring related tasks.
5. Assist in preparation of other shelter activities including community mobilization and shelter DRR orientation programme.
6. Provide support on programmatic and capacity building issues to the partner NGOs and the community leaders especially in emergency response in line with Humanitarian Principles.
7. Collect and document the best practices and disseminate at appropriate levels.
8. Maintain good professional relationship with the CMC-BMC members, community representatives, NGO partners, local government, and other relevant actors.
9. Regularly report to the Programme Officer on field activities progress, issues, and other information relevant, including through daily/weekly reports and related updates.
10. Ensure use of feedback mechanism for beneficiaries through meetings, regular focus group discussions etc. to assess impact and quality of activities.
11. Collect accurate and updated data, generate reports and assist preparing program progress reports.
12. Perform other duties as required and assigned by the supervisor.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Disaster Management, Civil engineering, Architecture, Social Science, Sociology, Psychology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
• Field experience in emergency response (natural or human made disaster)
• Experience in emergency response programming for marginalized populations, including need assessment, data collection, monitoring and review.
•Knowledge of structures and functions of national and international humanitarian agencies, donors and organizations;
• Familiarity with the Emergency Response, Disaster Management and Disaster Risk Reduction in the region an advantage.
• Experience in Shelter/NFI programme, particularly distribution and beneficiary training is an advantage.
IOM is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. IOM Offices and vehicles have smoke-free work environment.