The Department of Geo-Information Processing (GIP) is a vibrant and multi-disciplinary team that develops methods and techniques to produce actionable geoinformation. Our work supports knowledge generation and decision-making for societal problems characterized by changes in space and time.
You will conduct international high-quality research and contribute to developing the departmental research portfolio. You will teach Masters level coursework and supervise MSc theses in the various (joint) educational programmes the department is involved in, including the international MSc Cartography. You will also contribute to the development of new courses including face-to-face, blended learning, and distance learning, preferably based on open source solutions. You will play a leading role in our visualization and usability laboratories and will supervise PhD students in combination with a departmental professor. You will engage in the acquisition and implementation of consulting tasks for the department. You will also undertake management and administration tasks, such as coordination tasks in educational programmes. You will acquire and/or participate in new research, educational and capacity building projects.
- You possess a PhD in cartography, visualization or geographic information sciences or related fields.
- You have a proven expertise in least one of the following geo-visualization domains : visual analytics, interactive dashboards, web mapping, 3D, and augmented or virtual reality, use, user & usability research.
- You have an excellent publication record in the above domains or application areas.
- You have a proven track record of working with different geo-computational tools, and have sufficient knowledge of scripting languages to move your research beyond the limits of common-off-the-shelf geovisual analytical software. Knowledge of multiple user research methods and techniques an advantage.
- You are a team player able to combine and extend the current knowledge and know-how on the three core departmental domains.
- You have an aptitude for teaching, including lecturing and tutoring at an academic level. If you do not have it yet, you will have to acquire a University Teaching Qualification within the first two years.
- You have an affinity with a multi-cultural, post-graduate education environment.
- You have a willingness to undertake international travel to less developed countries.
- You will have an excellent command of English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Additional information regarding the position can be obtained from Prof. Dr. M.J. Kraak (e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +31 53 4874463). You are also invited to visit our homepage.
Please submit your application before 1 April 2019 (choose “apply now” below). Your application has to include (i) a motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the selection criteria and also outlining your research and teaching interests, (ii) a detailed CV with references and (iii) a two-page statement on your vision on research, education and capacity development in relation to ITC, and the position. Applications that do not include all three will not be considered.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be initially employed for two years. Extension of the employment after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3637,- and € 5.656,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 1 or 2).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
For Details please visit University Website.