International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Closing date: Saturday, 15 September 2018
City: Beijing, China
Under the direct supervision of the IFRC’s Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Delegate, the Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Officer will provide support in risk reduction and disaster preparedness, response,and mitigation and resilience activities of National Societies covered by the IFRC Beijing Office.The officer will work towards building national, regional and institutional capacities for National Societies in East Asia. The post holder will work very closely with the DRM Delegate in ensuring strong relationships, programme delivery, operatrional excellence, and efficiencies and effectiveness in management of projects. When and if necessary the DRM Officer could be deployed to provide support in the field. The job is an operational job located within the Beijing Country Cluster Support Team covering China, Mongolia, Republic of Korea, and Japan.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support National Societies in the development of their response preparedness through the development of response plans, contingency plans, standard operating procedures, emergency assessment systems and procedures, logistics procedures and pre-positioning of relief supplies.
- Assist National Societies in the development of disaster preparedness and response training (CDRT, NDRT, RDRT and internships) and DRM capacity building needs.
- In coordination with DRM Delegate ensure support in the timely provision of situation updates and documentation and operation reporting of emergency responses of the National Societies in East Asia.
- With support from the DRM Delegate, ensure all aspects of Resilience Programming are managed and implemented in coordination or integrated with other programming areas and support services in accordance with Federation’s strategic programme framework, contractual procedures, and agreed standards including Red Cross Red Crescent Code of Conduct, Sphere Standards, do-no-harm principles, and Fundamental Principles.
- Support the DRM Delegate in activities related to improving co-ordination mechanisms, sharing knowledge and best practices with East Asia Red Cross Societies and other pertinent stakeholders whom IFRC may approach in the region.
- In coordination and collaboration with DRM Delegate and in coordination with the PMER Officer follow up and support National Societies to produce good quality narrative and financial reports in accordance with IFRC reporting standards.
- Closely remain in contact with National Society programming counterpart to support programme portfolio management and delivering full project cycle management in support of the IFRC funded programmes.
- When appropriate, assist the DRM Delegate to liaise and networkwith National Societies, International organisations, government agencies, donors, and participate in formal meetings to support the DRM Delegate with quality oral and written translation in highly technical or diplomatic settings.
- Ensure all DRM files are archieved in proper electronic /paper formats and update these files actively to ensure continuity of information management.
- Perform other duties when required.
- Degree in management or relevant university degree .
- Relevant post graduate degree Or certificate in DRM related education
- Working experience with the Red Cross / Red Crescent
- Working experience in a National Red Cross Society
- Working in a voluntary membership-based organization
- Demonstrated success in planning, project management and reporting
- Experience in disaster management/response/risk reduction capacity building
- Proven successful experience in developing narrative reports in English
Click for details and Original